Everytime I look on social media, there is a parent talking about the new car seat rules that are coming into effect in December but WAIT, are they really coming into effect in December or is this an assumption or more media speculation? The proposals are to restrict the development of new backless booster seats and limit their use to taller children, above the height of 125cm.
This changes only apply to new products and does not affect products that have already been regulated. Therefore, all existing backless booster seats, continue to be legal and safe per their usage instructions even after any changes in the regulations.(whenever the date might actually be).
We have been chatting with mifold, who manufacture the grab and go booster seat and are delighted to be able to share a bit more information about the regulatory requirements (oh and a fabulous chance to win one!)
- Proposed changes to the European car seat laws do not appy to existing booster seats currently on sale in the market, including the mifold Grab-and-Go booster seat, or any existing child restraint system that is available for sale in the UK
- mifold meets or exceeds all relevant regulatory requirements and will continue to do so after any proposed changes for all children aged 4+, weighing between 15kg and 36kg irrespective of height.
- The schedule to implement new laws has been delayed again; the Department for Transport say that it will probably be later next year.
- If new laws are implemented, the mifold Grab-and-Go booster seat will continue to be sold and used for the safety of all children aged 4+, weighing between 15kg and 36kg irrespective of height throughout Europe with no new, additional restrictions.
- The European regulators are entrusted with monitoring the safety of children in cars. Their commitment to continue to license all existing booster seats for sale and continued use, without limitation, is their recognition that booster seats are a safe, well-established, practical, proven and cost effective method of restraining children in cars.
- mifold is a safe belt positioning booster seat that is available all the time. Unlike traditional bulky booster seats, a child can always be safe with the innovative mifold belt positioning device - no matter whose car they are in.
Car safety is important to all parents and the mifold is mighty small and mighty strong. We are told that mifold is the most advanced, compact and portable booster seat in the world, although the thing that appeals to me the most is its compact nature, which is super handy for when we have playdates and family outings. Less bulky car seats means more room for school bags or picnic hampers!
So hopefully now with your mind put to rest, you will be even more excited to have the chance to win one. All you need to do is enter below!
Terms & Conditions
The winners will be chosen at random by the random winner generator on Rafflecopter and notified within 7 working days by email
Mifold will make every effort to provide a choice of colour but this cannot be guaranteed
By entering this competition, you understand that your details may be retained for future mailings. You can unsubscribe from this mailing list at any time.
There is no monetary equivalent.
Little Lilypad Co take no /responsibility for loss or damage in the despatch of prizes
If the prize is unclaimed within 7 days we reserve the right to redraw the winner.
End Date 30/01/2017 at 12am